Senior Managing Director at EJJ Technology
Former CEO at Molave Capital
Former Director and Senior Consultant at
Avaya/Nortel Government Solutions
Jun Labadan is the Senior Managing Director of EJJ Technology LLC, a firm that provides leading edge solutions for businesses and governments in the areas of finance and capital markets, secure communications and infrastructure, and strategic planning. He does extensive finance and strategic planning in supporting small and mid-sized companies by helping them better define their comparative advantages and highlight their key success factors.
Labadan has more than twenty years of work experience in different fields with different positions such as Asian public equity and debt hedge fund advisor at Molave Capital, Singapore; Senior Managerial positions at IBM; International Capital Markets and Telecommunications Industry Advisor at Chemonics International and General Dynamics; Head of Capital Markets at Lippo Group, Indonesia; and CFO at Subic Bay, Philippines.
Labadan has been engaged in different professional specialties.
- He prepared a marketing and digital strategic plan for Philippine FinTech Company concerning the expansion of a payment gateway provider that services overseas Filipinos for their bill payments (social security, utilities, tuition, and other related expenses) and remittance needs in the Philippines. With a database of 1.5 million and an active client base of 400,000, the firm expanded its offerings to property investment and publications.
- He also worked with a NY start-up firm that developed an app for social networking sites that enabled users to hook up with area retailers that carry what they see on webpages and helped in bolstering business plan and sought a $5 million angel investor group to fund development.
- He negotiated offers for a US and Asia-based remittance and door-to-door cargo operations company that seeks strategic investors in its business. The company moves 650,000 boxes of personal cargo, remits $850 million annually for consumers, and has operations in 15 countries and 18 states in the US.
- He advised a Middle Eastern software development firm providing BPO services for US and European Fortune 1000 firms on capital restructuring, and secured a private equity investment offer of $24.8 million for its planned expansion.
- He consulted governments on communication security issues as well as community uses of technology in the areas of e-Education and e-Commerce.
- He was also engaged by Nathans Associates as a speaker and a facilitator for ASEAN roundtable conferences on IT and Telecommunications issues.
Prior to his current profession, he was the CEO and managing partner of Molave Capital. He managed an alternative multi-strategy fund focusing on primarily Southeast Asian entities and fixed income securities with a core group of seven professionals. In addition, he also chaired the investment committee and was responsible for fundraising, operations oversight, risk management, and asset allocation.
He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Management Engineering, Magna Cum Laude at Ateneo de Manila University in 1986. He also has a Master’s degree in International Trade and Finance at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard.
About EJJ Technology
EJJ Technology provides leading-edge solutions for businesses and governments in the areas of finance/capital markets, secure communications and infrastructure, and strategic planning.
The principals of EJJ have consulted for governments in the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and South and Latin America, as well as fragile states. Assignments range from the delivery of policy proposals and implementing guideline recommendations to procurement of commodities for communications and general infrastructure requirements. These were undertaken directly with host governments or funded through multilateral agencies.
EJJ Technology has also done capital market exercises for small and medium-sized businesses, providing corporate governance and business/strategic guidance as well as raise capital (debt, equity, and derivatives) for high potential organizations. In conjunction with these initiatives, restructuring and realignment of both the financial statements and the organizational structure were implemented.