General Partner, Clique Capital Partners
Former Senior Managing Director at
Former CEO at Molave Capital
Jun Labadan is one of the General Partners of Clique Fund LP in Washington, D.C. since September 2015. He is also a Managing Partner for a $100 million seed and early stage investment fund focused on the voice/messaging and communication sectors. Clique Fund LP is a New York based securities-trading hedge-fund that is actively trading in U.S. equities, ETFs, and options.
Labadan has more than twenty years of work experience in different fields such as Asian public equity and debt hedge fund advisor at Molave Capital, Singapore; Senior Managerial positions at IBM; International Capital Markets and Telecommunications Industry Advisor at Chemonics International and General Dynamics; Head of Capital Markets at Lippo Group, Indonesia; and CFO at Subic Bay, Philippines.
Labadan has been engaged in the following professional specialties:
- Preparing a marketing and strategic plan for the expansion of a payment gateway provider that services overseas Filipinos for their bill payments (social security, utilities, tuition, and other related expenses) and remittance needs in the Philippines. With a database of 1.5 million and an active client base of 400,000, the firm expanded its offerings to property investment and publications;
- Working with a NY start-up firm that developed an app for social networking sites that enabled users to hook up with area retailers that carry what they see on webpages. Helped in bolstering business plan and sought a $5 million angel investor group to fund development;
- Negotiating offers for a US and Asia-based remittance and door-to-door cargo operations company seeking strategic investors in its business. Company moves 650,000 boxes of personal cargo and remits $850 million annually for consumers and has operations in 15 countries and 18 states in the US;
- Advised a Middle Eastern software development firm providing BPO services for US and European Fortune 1000 firms on capital restructuring, and secured a private equity investment offer of $24.8 million for its planned expansion;
- Consults governments on communication security issues as well as community uses of technology in the areas of e-Education and e-Commerce; and
- Engaged by Nathans Associates as a speaker and a facilitator for ASEAN roundtable conferences on IT and Telecommunications issues.
Labadan also served as the Senior Managing Director of EJJ Technology from March 2010 until September 2017. He provides advisory work for small businesses (market value between $5 million and $50 million) in the areas of capital raising, financial restructuring, strategic planning, and communication infrastructure and software solutions.
He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Management Engineering, Magna Cum Laude at Ateneo de Manila University in 1986. He also has a Master’s degree in International Trade and Finance at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard.